Thursday, March 12, 2009

The countdown ...


We were watching a shuttle launch on TV when our daughter and two sons started counting down... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 ....

When NASA's announcer got to the number 1, the terrific rumble and noise of the blastoff produced celebration in our house. There was clapping, jumping and high-fives all around.

Our daughter is no longer a child - she's married and expecting her first baby. We're in the last two weeks of her pregnancy, and I was thinking how it compares to a shuttle countdown - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 ...

In the meantime, our grandson is still kickin' and has a habit of waking her about 4:00 each morning. She's hoping that's not a sign of things to come. :-)

When I was talking with her on the phone this morning, she said, "Your grandson says hello. He just kicked me." I love hearing that. He's letting her know he's there, he's active and he's ready to meet his Mommy and Daddy face to face.

Our older son and his wife are expecting their first child in September... so hubby and I will happily maintain the countdown for both pregnancies in the meantime. And when both babies are "launched," I'm sure there will be lots of noise, clapping and high-fives all around.

Can't wait to hold my grandbabies! 5, 4, 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts ..."