Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blessed before dawn ...



















I woke up this morning at 2 a.m. -- shortly before hubby got up to get ready for his 12-hour shift today. While everything was dark and quiet, I sat here just thinking about my blessings ... a good husband and marriage, three precious children (and two more who "married in"), a new grandson who is 24 days old -- and another grandchild due in September!

I've got a roof over my head, extra food in the pantry and freezer, some flowers blooming in the yard, little feathered friends who twitter and serenade me each morning (though they aren't up yet) and a dog who is always glad to see me and go for a walk. Most of all, I have a heritage of faith, raised by precious Christian parents who taught me that the Creator of heaven and earth is also a loving heavenly Father. I am blessed to be His child.

In spite of an occasional yawn, I am still blessed before dawn! The sun isn't up yet, but my heart is full of sunshine. I find my fingers flipping through photo albums and reminiscing. Thank you, Lord, for our three children -- they have been such bright spots in our lives. As adults, they continue to have a close-in-heart connection with us.

When I was a little girl, one of my ambitions was to be a mommy. How thankful I am God answered that prayer! The first photo above shows our 3 children when they were growing up here on the farm. The second photo is of our five children (spouses included) at Thanksgiving last year.

1 comment:

  1. The early morning quiet is perfect for reflection, and thanksgiving! I am thanking God with you for all His blessings! Love to you and your beautiful family~ Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts ..."