Saturday, May 16, 2009

Company's comin'

One week from today my little nest will be buzzing with activity. Our daughter and grandson will be here for a few days so he can meet his great-grandparents.

My father-in-law grins often just thinking about meeting his first-great-grandchild. He's always been known for rocking babies while singing "In the Sweet By and By." Our children loved that song and I suspect Ethan will, too. My mother-in-law would have enjoyed this so much, but I'm sure she'll be watching from heaven.

Then there's my Mom, who is anxious to meet Ethan for the first time. He is her 22nd great grandchild! My Dad died not long after his first great-grandchild was born in 1990, but he was always a good playmate for the grands. I'm sure he's waiting to meet all the rest some day ...

Besides family, the folks of our church (who saw Melissa grow up,) have planned a baby shower for Ethan on May 22. What a whirlwind weekend it will be with lots of love, cuddles and hugs!

While the baby shower was still in the planning stages, we learned my sister from Brazil, South America, is going to be stateside for a few weeks. She and her hubby and their older son, (whom they haven't seen for years!) will also be here during that weekend. Mom is extremely excited about having her girl back home for a good hug and some precious time to catch up.

Can't wait to fill the special role of hostess to my family next week/end. I've been a sister-at-heart for 50 + years. I'm still a parent-at-heart to our lovely daughter (and her brothers). And now I'm a grandparent-at-heart! How very blessed I am.

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with family, soaking up all the love and memories together. BTW,your new blog format is lovely...very restful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, I feel very excited for you. It will be a tremendous togetherness time. Little Ethan will be the centre of attraction with all the adults swooning over him ... in a practical way of course. Have a great time. Oh and by the way, a full report is expected xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, I've left you an award "This Blog Has Heart" at my place...don't know if you have the time for it...with your company coming...but, stop by and pick it up whenever you can!!! Just wanted you to know I so appreciate your friendship!!! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts ..."